Thursday, January 12, 2017

A New Year Has Begun

Christmas and New Years Eve has come and gone for 2016 and we say hello to 2017.  Are you one to make resolutions?  Do you take the time to reflect on things and make goals for yourself?  Maybe just make al ist of things you want to do this year?  I am not one to sit down and make resolutions but I do try to make goals for myself and make plans for things I want to do or places I would like to go.   This year though, I've been thinking a lot about possibly taking a course or two to help make a career change.  Lots of doubt float through my mind as of how to do this, or what classes to take.  It will come to me eventually though. 

 Another item that has been on my mind is book ideas current books in the works.  Hopefully I will have time to work on them this year.  Fingers crossed!! What do you think the hardest thing about being an author if you are one?  For me it is the marketing.  Finding time and money for promotion is an ongoing battle.  Getting reviews is also an obstacle. If you have read any of my books, especially Bullies? No Worries? and you enjoyed it, please leave it a review.  Reviews are golden and help an authors book get promoted.  Want to read one of my books?  You can find them on my Amazon page

What is something you love to do?  I love to paint and I plan on spending more time on that this year.  I would like to learn some new techniques and possibly start selling some of my art.  It's an exciting dream.  Do you have any youtube artists with how to videos you recommend or artwork you would like to share?  If you do find me on my FB author page, I'd love to hear from you.  One of my favorites is Mark Waller, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH8xAeu6njY  Also check out Painted With Love by Lisa on Facebook.  She has some beautiful paintings and is a wonderful inspiration.  This is one of my latest paintings: 

It has been a very long week at work.  I think I am in need of some art therapy.  
Happy 2017 everyone!