Wednesday, March 1, 2017

In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb

 Have you ever heard the saying "In like a lion, out like a lamb." to describe the month of March?  Well for us here in West Virginia and in many other states, March is definitely living up to the first part of that saying this year.  I am a fan of thunderstorms as long as they don't bring a lot of destruction with them but today it brought in a lot of damage to some places.  I wonder if this is a preview of what's to come this spring? Hoping everyone is safe in these lines of severe storms. 

Soooo enough about the weather.  What is your favorite thing about spring? The warm weather, flowers blooming, opening house windows and letting the breeze in?  For me, it is opening the windows, spring storms and Dr. Seuss's birthday! I know his stories can be so silly but there are some great messages in them as well. I love Dr. Seuss and this day gives me an excuse to play fun and silly games and read some amazing books to my classes.  I've been searching on Pinterest for some new ideas and I found a few.  I can't wait to play Dr. Seuss charades tomorrow and see all the kids dressed up as their favorite character. Do you have a favorite Dr. Seuss book or game/activity you like?  Care to share? I have enabled my comments section for my blog just for this post and I will see if I want to keep it open in the future.  March 2nd is also Read to Me Day so please take advantage of it and read to a child or make some free time to read yourself.  You could even make every day Read to Me Day. That's what I do. ;) You can read in bed, while standing on your head. You can read in the tub or even while sitting in the mud.  Okay, I've been looking at Dr. Seuss ideas for way to long so that is my cue to bid adieu.  Happy March!