Sunday, October 26, 2014

New Toy... I Mean Investment

As you may or may not know, I am not only a children's book author and illustrator but also a full time elementary school teacher. This has been a very stressful school year and I haven't been able to work on illustrations like I want.  I've been needing a new drawing tablet for a while now and really wanted one that was portable so I could travel with it and not be stuck to my desktop all the time. Drum roll please..... I finally invested on one and I'm using it right now! It's not the one I was first looking at but it was highly recommended by a friend of mine who is also an illustrator.  I went with the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and it has some wonderful features but drawing on it is not as easy as I would like.  I'm getting used to it though and better at it each day.  I will try to create a Halloween drawing to post later on in the week and see what you think.  If any of you use this tablet and have some tips for me, please contact me.  You can message me on my fb page @ www.facebook.com/authorrebeccalyndsey or find me on Google+. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have an amazing week.