Tuesday, September 4, 2018

That Time of Year Again...

It's that time of year again!  No, I'm not talking about pumpkin pie spiced everything, even though people are really excited about that. LOL  I'm talking about school starting back.  Where did summer go?  It went by way too fast!!!   I did get so much accomplished but there was so much more I wanted to do.  Now my brain has to endure a thousand tabs opened up at once and it's all school related instead of book related.  It has been a rough few weeks, I won't lie.  Hoping things get set into their routine soon, which makes things easier.  If anyone wants to give me a million dollars, cause you know that's just pocket change, I will gladly take it so I can work on my books full time. Nope?  Well, can't blame a girl for trying. LOL 

So before the craziness of the new year began, I created a couple of read-aloud preview videos for my books World of Color and Imagination Destination to celebrate getting them into paperback.  They are a really quick preview of those books and I'm hoping to have one for Into the Ocean created soon, but I just haven't figured out a great way to do that one yet.  I tried a free trial of a very cool photo program called Mirage.  This allowed you to take any photo and animate it. It was so cool and the animation was spectacular but you couldn't add voice, text etc to it which was a bummer.  I would love to animate my Into the Ocean book in some way for this book read-aloud preview.  So if anyone knows of a cool program that I could use to do this, please shoot me a message on FB.

Want to see them and hear my awesome WV accent? Which by the way does not sound so awesome when you have to hear yourself in the recordings over and over again until you get the reading just right!  Hahaha! Let me know what you think and please feel free to share my book links. 

 
                                                               https://amzn.to/2MMeiW5

All of my books can be found at Amazon.

Happy September!!


7 comments:

  1. Great job! Being technically-challenged myself, I’m impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm the art/technology teacher so Powerpoint is drilled into my head. Lol I would love to learn a new program that offers more.

      Delete
  2. Loved your videos Rebecca, you did a great job!
    Enjoy your school year.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressed with your technical skills Rebecca and your bravery to put your voice out there. Good luck with the new school year, I empathise with you, I remember all the hard work that goes into being a dedicated teacher. Doesn't leave much time for you. I hope you do still find time to create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra. I hate hearing my own voice. Lol
      This year is starting out rough. It if wasn't for my art and books, I'd probably lose the little bit of sanity I have left.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the start of another school year, Rebecca, and the culmination of a productive summer of authoring. LOVE your vids and **hearing** your voice -:D!

    btw...I do not know Mirage (must check it out!), but I use Apple's Garage Band app for laying down audio tracks and exporting them into iMovie to combine audio with visuals. Garage Band doesn't play on PC platforms, but I found equivalent PC-based apps that could work for you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: