Friday, February 1, 2019

Short and Sweet

This months blog is just like the title says, short and sweet!  Things on my work end have been extremely stressful due to the big honchos, but I won't get into any of that.  The arctic blast was a warm welcome so to speak because it gave us two much needed days away from the stress. I took advantage of this by relaxing as much as possible. I read a short story, got some inspiration for my current work in progress and of course, painted!  

Ever tried Paint by Sticker books?  I love them!  I actually find them relaxing. However, if you are a little OCD about things, then this probably isn't for you. LOL  Some of the stickers are very tiny and not easy to fit on there perfectly.  To me, that doesn't matter.  It's a mosaic, so lines are acceptable. 😁



I've also been practicing a painting I might try with my students. I came across this lesson on Pinterest and loved the looks of it.  Here is the link if you are interested.

   https://stepbysteppainting.net/2019/01/04/how-to-paint-easy-northern-lights/


This is my finished painting. The colors are actually a lot darker, I just couldn't get a good picture. 

What hobbies do you have to help to de-stress?  What have you been working on lately? I'd love to hear from you in the comments section or find me on Facebook. 


Oh and I can't forget, today is World Read Aloud day!!!  I am all for that!  My book, Into the Ocean, even made a book list created by Sharks4Kids. I'm so honored to be included!  Check it out and some other Fintastic books here

Looking for more children's book authors?  Here are a few wonderful ones for you to check out! 










5 comments:

  1. Wow -- Thanks for the kind mention, and a wonderful post, Rebecca! Truly hope things resolve the very best with your work issues soon, as that can generate heaps of unneeded stress. I have never heard of Paint By Sticker books, but will certainly be checking that out and mentioning to friends -- thanks for that! As you may recall, when not writing I make teddy bears on the side and am eagerly looking forward to getting back to them as soon as my right arm allows. Have missed doing that. Sending virtual hugs! Hang in there and stay positive. I am off now to check out Sticker Painting! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your teddy bears and jewelry! Hope your arm heals quickly so you can get back to it soon!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rebecca, your post made me smile. I love mosaic art. In fact, before I started my writing journey, I found many books at our library on the subject. I was sure I was going to choose the field of making mosaic art out of fabric. I still might someday as it still fascinates me.
    I can't wait to see your painting. What a wonderful way to de-stress. Art of any kind does the trick for me.
    Best wishes for whatever comes your way.
    Thank you for your post, I enjoy it very much.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved creating mosaics.Would love to see you create one!! I have a box of blue bottles I want to smash one day to create an outdoor one. Lol
      Well, if you like the picture of the painting above, then it is mine but if not, then the cat did it. Haha

      Delete
  3. I've seen some very creative pieces done with mosaics, my neighbour has just completed a fabulous ceramic mosaic that hangs behind her outdoor spa. not heard of sticker mosaics though, could be fun and a great stress reliever. I used to do stained glass, I've recently just started a new one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: